Chassis 16581 is 1 of only 158 UK right-hand drive Daytonas. It was ordered through Maranello Concessionaires and was delivered new to its first owner Ernest Philip Rushton Scragg CBE on the 6th June 1973. It was finished in Rosso Chiaro with black upholstery and had the optional extra of factory fitted air conditioning.
In July 1983 the car was acquired by The Patrick Collection and joined its famous museum based in Birmingham. The collection was known for its vast and diverse display of sports and racing cars from all periods.
The car has been meticulously maintained by leading Ferrari specialists Bob Houghton Ltd since 1995 and is fresh from an engine rebuild carried out by them some 90 miles ago. A service was also performed in January 2021.
It still retains its original chassis, body and engine which is confirmed by its Ferrari ‘Red Book’ Classiche certification. A well-documented history file accompanies the car which includes correspondence dating back to the time of the original order in 1972, a copy of its original factory invoice and MOTs dating back to 1979. The car is also complete with its original tool roll and its original leather pouch that includes the Operating, Maintenance and Service handbook, Spare Parts Catalogue, Dealer Directory and Fiamm Certificate of Guarantee.
Presented in its original colour combination and with only 16,790 miles, which is believed to be the original mileage from new and is supported by its documented history file, it is arguably one of the finest right-hand drive examples in existence.
- Mileage 16,790 Miles
- Body Style Coupe
- Transmission Manual
- Engine Capacity 4390cc
- Fuel Petrol
- Chassis No. 16581
Interested in this vehicle?
Call us on +44 (0)1283 761119Enquire